Sunday 15 April 2012

My Current Addictions


I thought I would introduce you to some of my current addictions. Check them out.

PINTEREST - I visit Pinterest usually a couple of times a day pinning pictures of interest and inspiration. Anything from recipes to try, to wedding ideas, fitness motivation and inspiring words. If you haven't yet checked out Pinterst I encourage you to do so especially if you are somewhat crafty and want some new DIY's to try. "Pinterest is a virtual pinboard. Pinterest allows you to organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. You can browse pinboards created by other people to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests." Check out my pinboards here.

REVENGE - I am a TV addict and my latest addiction is Revenge. It is thought provoking and interesting and I am always counting down the days to the release of a new episode. "The series follows the exploits of Amanda Clarke who under the alias of Emily Thorne, has returned to The Hamptons with one goal -- to seek revenge on those responsible for destroying her family".



THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE - The novel I am currently addicted to. I don't get a lot of time to read but this book has me squeezing in time to read in any spare minute I have. I haven't seen the movie and I expect it wont be anywhere near as good as the book as is the case with most novel to movie adaptations. "The Time Traveler's Wife is the debut novel of American author Audrey Niffenegger, published in 2003. It is a love story about a man with a genetic disorder that causes him to time travel unpredictably, and about his wife, an artist, who has to cope with his frequent absences and dangerous experiences".




DIAMOND DASH - My latest facebook game addiction. Yes I know a facebook game, really Simmone? but yes I love this one. It is fun and is even better playing on an ipad as that allows multi-touch. "Diamond Dash is the 60 second gem rush: click colorful gems, use magic diamonds and compete with your friends."

THE HUNGER GAMES - If you haven't heard of it you must have been hiding under a giant rock for the last two months. Alex and I went to the movies last week to see this film and it was really really good. A great movie for a girl and guy to go see as it has the girly sob story but the action side to appeal to a guy. "The story takes place in a dystopian post-apocalyptic future in the nation of Panem, which consists of a wealthy capitol surrounded by 12 less affluent districts. As punishment for a past rebellion against the government, the Capitol initiated the Hunger Games–a televised annual event in which one boy and one girl from each of the 12 districts are selected in a lottery as "tributes" and are required to fight to the death in an arena until there is one remaining victor." Now as soon as I finish reading The Time Travellers Wife I will be adding The Hunger Games trilogy to my list.


What are your current (healthy or at least not destructive) addictions? I am always open to new suggestions and interesting things I haven't heard of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment