Saturday 20 October 2012

THE Invitation



Last Saturday was spent completely devoted to creating our wedding invitations.  I am lucky enough to be surround by some very giving and wonderful women who all pulled together to help me out.  My bridesmaids (minus Dani who was unwell) my mum, my mother-in-law to be and my best friends mum all chipped in to help create an invitation I am very proud of.

Image from Pinterest
My mum and I found the black lace-like Christina Re wallets on Pinterest months ago, mum purchased them but then spent weeks trying to come up with a design that would hold my invitation and other add-ins such as the RSVP.  It was a MUST for me to have a design that would encase all of the items to be included in the invitation.  We went from a card to a pocket fold until we finally came up with this pouch design.  It was a fair bit of work putting the pouches together but due to the intricate design of the case very little needed to be done to the inserts which made the overall task a little more manageable. 

Alex's auntie was able to match one of the details in the lace design which we used as a graphic on the invites to tie the whole lot together.  Mum sourced some very lovey stamps that I included on the RSVP cards which are designed as a post card so guests only need to fill it out and pop it in post box - easy peasy!


I jazzed up the envelopes with a little font changes and the job was done.  Overall I love the end result and people have been complimenting me on the design all week! The three on the right have different stamps because they have to go all the way to AMERICA!  Excitement!!!!!!!
Thank you ladies for all your help!  We make a great team.


1 comment:

  1. They look fab and it made me feel very special to receive such fabulous looking mail. Cant wait!

    ReplyDelete