Choc-Chip Banana Muffins
60g butter, softened
3/4 cup caster sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 1/2 cup self-raising flour
1-2 bananas, mashed
1 cup chocolate buds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Coat either one large 6 hole muffin tin or one smaller 12 hole muffin tin with non-stick spray or use paper liners.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the vanilla essence, banana and egg.
- Add the milk and flour and mix until combined.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tins, filling each cup until two thirds filled.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Leave in the tray for five minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. While warm spread the top of the muffins with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
As you can see I used beaters rather than mixing with a spoon because I was a lazy bum. They would probably be lighter and fluffier if I had mixed with a spoon.